Saturday, February 26, 2011

faith is good

I have a lot of faith in my volunteers . I just know that they are going to show up, come prepared and be happy. I wish that I could take credit for this, but I really can't . The intrim children's ministry director did a wonderful job showing them importance of volunteering, the changes that they make in the lives of children and I am guessing that the volunteers feel appreciated and blessed. I have been at EBC for two months already and I haven't had a single no show. Boy, that is just unheard of.

So, now my job is to find out from my volunteers what they think of their volunteer positions, what they like and don't like. I need to talk to Carie, who put many of these volunteers into their positions, to see what she did to encourage them, train them and/or value them. And I am going to have to implement those practices in the other volunteer areas that I over see.

I need to not take for granted that my morning people are faithful. I need to learn from that and try to encourage all areas to have the same faithful feel.

I can't believe it is Saturday night at 7:30 and I am not worried about who is going to show up. My volunteers rock.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That's awesome! Glad to hear you have such great help

kp said...

Thanks Laura! How are you guys doing?

Laura said...

We're doing good. Our new place is starting to feel like home although getting used to the drive will take some time :p Also we know we are going to be having a little Zorro so we don't have to think of a girls name :)

kp said...

That's so awesome! Zelda and Zorro, how cute. How are you feeling?